When accessing a database, you may be required to enter a username and password before you reach the database website. Enter your BHSU email account information on this screen.
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost) The world’s largest academic multi-disciplinary database, Academic Search Premier provides full text for more than 4,700 publications, including full text for more than 3,600 peer-reviewed journals. Coverage spans virtually every area of academic study and offers information dating as far back as 1975. This database is updated on a daily basis via EBSCOhost.
- America: History & Life (EBSCOhost) An abstracting index for journals, books and dissertations for the study of history and culture of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present.
- EBSCOhost Search Academic Search Premier (offers full text for nearly 1,850 scholarly journals, including more than 1,200 peer-reviewed titles), Business Source Premier (full text for more than 2,950 scholarly business journals), Applied Science & Technology Abstracts (contains more than 560 English-language, scientific and technical publications), Inspec, and Health Source, etc.
- JSTOR An archive collection of core scholarly journals. Subject coverage includes journals in history, social sciences, literature, mathematics, statistics and ecology. Starting with the very first issues, all articles are image copies of original publication.
- MasterFILE Premier (EBSCOhost) Designed specifically for public libraries, this multidisciplinary database provides full text for nearly 2,050 general reference publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975. Covering virtually every subject area of general interest, MasterFILE Premier also includes more than 350 full text reference books, 82,968 biographies, 90,915 primary source documents, and an Image Collection of 107,135 photos, maps and flags. This database is updated daily via EBSCOhost.
- Project MUSE Project MUSE is a unique collaboration between libraries and publishers providing 100% full-text, affordable and user-friendly online access to over 300 high quality humanities, arts, and social sciences journals from 60 scholarly publishers.
- ProQuest (All Databases) ProQuest provides access to 5300+ periodicals and newspapers. It includes indexing plus some full text or imaged articles for general topics and research topics related to the fields of business, education, psychology and science. Select ABI/INFORM (for business users) and General Science Text (for science users) from the ProQuest dropdown list for more specific searches.
- SIRS Knowledge Source SIRS Knowledge Source (SKS) is a comprehensive database portal that provides relevant, credible information on social issues, science, history, government, the arts, and the humanities. Full-text articles and Internet resources are carefully selected from thousands of domestic and international publications and respected organizations with strict criteria for reliability and age-appropriateness.