When accessing a database, you may be required to enter a username and password before you reach the database website. Enter your BHSU email account information on this screen.
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost) The world’s largest academic multi-disciplinary database, Academic Search Premier provides full text for more than 4,700 publications, including full text for more than 3,600 peer-reviewed journals. Coverage spans virtually every area of academic study and offers information dating as far back as 1975. This database is updated on a daily basis via EBSCOhost.
- America: History & Life (EBSCOhost) An abstracting index for journals, books and dissertations for the study of history and culture of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present.
- Ancestry Library Edition On-campus login only. This is the most comprehensive online source of information for conducting genealogical and local history research available. Included in this source are the digitized images of the U.S. Federal Census from 1790 forward, the American Genealogical Biographical Index and Passenger and Immigration Lists Index.
- Digital Sanborn Maps Digital Sanborn Maps provides digital access to historical maps (1867-1970) of cities in South Dakota.
- EBSCOhost Search Academic Search Premier (offers full text for nearly 1,850 scholarly journals, including more than 1,200 peer-reviewed titles), Business Source Premier (full text for more than 2,950 scholarly business journals), Applied Science & Technology Abstracts (contains more than 560 English-language, scientific and technical publications), Inspec, and Health Source, etc.
- HeritageQuest Online HeritageQuest Online contains references to book collection of over 25,000 family and local histories, the entire U.S. Federal Census, PERSI™ and other expanding collections.
- JSTOR An archive collection of core scholarly journals. Subject coverage includes journals in history, social sciences, literature, mathematics, statistics and ecology. Starting with the very first issues, all articles are image copies of original publication.
- Local Newspaper Indexes (SDLN) Search local newspaper indexes (Argus Leader, Deadwood Historical Newspaper, Indian Country Today, and Rapid City Journal).
- ProQuest (All Databases) ProQuest provides access to 5300+ periodicals and newspapers. It includes indexing plus some full text or imaged articles for general topics and research topics related to the fields of business, education, psychology and science. Select ABI/INFORM (for business users) and General Science Text (for science users) from the ProQuest dropdown list for more specific searches.
- Westlaw Campus Provides access to legal resources including laws, cases, encyclopedias, and journals/reviews for the United States and all of the separate states.