English and Literature
When accessing a database, you may be required to enter a username and password before you reach the database website. Enter your BHSU email account information on this screen.
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost) The world’s largest academic multi-disciplinary database, Academic Search Premier provides full text for more than 4,700 publications, including full text for more than 3,600 peer-reviewed journals. Coverage spans virtually every area of academic study and offers information dating as far back as 1975. This database is updated on a daily basis via EBSCOhost.
- Discovering Collection (InfoTrac) Provides in-depth content for five core curriculum areas, specifically literature, history, biography, science, and social studies. The Discovering Collection is aimed at grades 6-12.
- EBSCOhost Search Academic Search Premier (offers full text for nearly 1,850 scholarly journals, including more than 1,200 peer-reviewed titles), Business Source Premier (full text for more than 2,950 scholarly business journals), Applied Science & Technology Abstracts (contains more than 560 English-language, scientific and technical publications), Inspec, and Health Source, etc.
- Films on Demand Films On Demand is a state-of-the-art streaming video platform that makes it easier than ever to incorporate outstanding educational video content into your curriculum by providing easy integration with learning management systems, online lesson plans, distance learning courseware, or electronic card catalog systems. Most titles are available for individual lease or purchase, or through subscriptions to our robust, curriculum-focused subjects.
- JSTOR An archive collection of core scholarly journals. Subject coverage includes journals in history, social sciences, literature, mathematics, statistics and ecology. Starting with the very first issues, all articles are image copies of original publication.
- Literature Criticism Online The largest curated online collection of literary criticism in the world, this resource brings together 10 acclaimed multidisciplinary series representing a range of modern and historical views on authors and their works across regions, eras and genres.
- Literature Online with MLA A fully searchable library of more than 350,000 works of English and American poetry, drama and prose, 197 full-text literature journals, and other key criticism and reference resources.
- Mango Languages Offers courses in more than 60 languages to allow users to learn, listen and speak their chosen languages. Courses for English learners begin in the student’s native language and teach English. The courses focus on four key areas of language learning: vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation and culture.
- MLA International Bibliography This database is a classified listing and subject index of scholarly books and articles on modern languages, literatures, folklore and linguistics which has been compiled by the Modern Language Association of America since 1926.
- ProQuest (All Databases) ProQuest provides access to 5300+ periodicals and newspapers. It includes indexing plus some full text or imaged articles for general topics and research topics related to the fields of business, education, psychology and science. Select ABI/INFORM (for business users) and General Science Text (for science users) from the ProQuest dropdown list for more specific searches.