When accessing a database, you may be required to enter a username and password before you reach the database website. Enter your BHSU email account information on this screen.
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost) The world’s largest academic multi-disciplinary database, Academic Search Premier provides full text for more than 4,700 publications, including full text for more than 3,600 peer-reviewed journals. Coverage spans virtually every area of academic study and offers information dating as far back as 1975. This database is updated on a daily basis via EBSCOhost.
- Discovering Collection (InfoTrac) Provides in-depth content for five core curriculum areas, specifically literature, history, biography, science, and social studies. The Discovering Collection is aimed at grades 6-12.
- ERIC Education Resources Information Center (ERIC) provides PDF files for documents originally produced in microfiche from 1993- present through the Educational Document Reproduction Service.
- Films on Demand Films On Demand is a state-of-the-art streaming video platform that makes it easier than ever to incorporate outstanding educational video content into your curriculum by providing easy integration with learning management systems, online lesson plans, distance learning courseware, or electronic card catalog systems. Most titles are available for individual lease or purchase, or through subscriptions to our robust, curriculum-focused subjects.
- JSTOR An archive collection of core scholarly journals. Subject coverage includes journals in history, social sciences, literature, mathematics, statistics and ecology. Starting with the very first issues, all articles are image copies of original publication.
- Junior Edition - Middle Schools (InfoTrac) Use this database designed for schools, to search magazines, newspapers, and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, etc.
- Junior Reference Collection (InfoTrac) With nearly 12,000 documents, 8,500 photographs and illustrations, 50 video and audio clips, and 3 complete Merriam-Webster's dictionaries (Collegiate, Biographical, and Geographical), the Junior Reference Collection is a complete reference source.
- Kid's Edition K12 (InfoTrac) This periodical database is designed for elementary school students, with easy access to full-text magazines, newspapers and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
- Kids InfoBits (InfoTrac) A reference and periodical resource, gives children easy access to magazines, reference books, and newspaper articles that have been selected just for their age group. Aimed at grades K-5, Kids InfoBits is update of InfoTrac Kid's Edition.
- LearningExpress Library This online interactive learning platform offers the following practice tests: ACT, SAT, GRE, GMAT, Praxis/PPST, MCAT, LSAT, GED, TOEFL, AP, Civil Service Careers, and more. It also provides self-paced courses in math, grammar, vocabulary, resume writing, and many other areas. Features of the site include instant scoring, individualized feedback, answer explanations, and e-books.
- Making of America Making of America (MoA) is a digital library of primary sources in American social history from the antebellum period through reconstruction. The collection is particularly strong in the subject areas of education, psychology, American history, sociology, religion, and science and technology.
- Mango Languages Offers courses in more than 60 languages to allow users to learn, listen and speak their chosen languages. Courses for English learners begin in the student’s native language and teach English. The courses focus on four key areas of language learning: vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation and culture.
- Professional Collection (InfoTrac) This is a custom selection of more than 300 full-text journals for educators. Collection includes journals related to Arts and Humanities; Child and Adolescent Psychology and Development; Health & Nutrition; Learning Disabilities; School Law; Science & Technology; Social Sciences; and Sports & Athletic Training.
- ProQuest (All Databases) ProQuest provides access to 5300+ periodicals and newspapers. It includes indexing plus some full text or imaged articles for general topics and research topics related to the fields of business, education, psychology and science. Select ABI/INFORM (for business users) and General Science Text (for science users) from the ProQuest dropdown list for more specific searches.
- Student Edition - High Schools (InfoTrac) Use this database designed for schools, to search magazines, newspapers, and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, etc.