|Creator:||Black Hills Federation of Women's Clubs|
|Title:||Black Hills Federation of Women's Clubs Papers|
|Quantity:||2 box(es) (0.83 linear feet)|
|Repository:||Leland D. Case Library of Western Historical Studies
E.Y. Berry Library-Learning Center
Black Hills State University
Spearfish, SD 57799
The object of this Federation shall be to unite the women’s clubs in the district for the purpose of promoting their common interest in education, philanthropy, moral values, civics and fine arts and a united effort toward peace, charity and justice.
At a meeting of the Deadwood Round Table Club held on December 9, 1896, the Club voted to call a meeting of all the Women’s Clubs in the Black Hills. This had long been a dream of Miss Clara D. Coe. The Round Table secretary was instructed to write to the various clubs asking for their cooperation and attendance, also some of the clubs were asked to furnish a paper as a part of the program. The invitation was promptly accepted by the Thursday Club of Deadwood, by the Sturgis Literary Club, and the Woman’s Club of Lead.
In 1959 there were 20 Federated Women’s Clubs in the First District with a total of 687 women.
Reports to the BHF, Program booklets, Annual reports, club officers, and correspondence.
Spearfish Women’s Club Papers
Black Hills Federation of Women's Clubs Papers, Leland D. Case Western Historical Studies
Reports to the BHF- Program Booklets, Annual Reports- 1940-1968, Lists with Club Officers, Correspondence, Reports for 1964/1965.
|1||1||Reports to the BHF from the clubs in the towns of Belle Fourche, Buffalo, Custer, and Deadwood 1936-1964|
|2||Reports to the BHF from the clubs in the towns of Edgemont, Hot Springs, and Lead 1940-1970|
|3||Reports to the BHF from the clubs in the towns of Martin, New Underwood, Oelrichs, Rapid City, Sturgis, and Vale 1940-1965|
|2||1||History, Bylaws, Reports, and Constitutions 1896-1964|
|2||Reports From BHF to the different Clubs 1949-1965|
|3||Black Binder with directory of clubs officers and correspondence|