Arrow, Inc. is a Native American interest organization. It was originally organized in 1949 under the name National Congress of American Indians Fund. Over the years Arrow has undertaken projects in education, training, social welfare, research and economic development. The collection includes documents from the National American Indian Court Judges Association, as well as brochures, newspapers, and pamphlets on Native Americans.
In his will George C. Custer left a legacy to ARROW for the establishment of the Dr. George C. Custer and Emily Henrietta Custer Library. The Library would contain Native American materials available for reference, study, and research. In 1986 Black Hills State University was chosen to establish and maintain this library.