When accessing a database, you may be required to enter a username and password before you reach the database website. Enter your BHSU email account information on this screen.
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost) The world’s largest academic multi-disciplinary database, Academic Search Premier provides full text for more than 4,700 publications, including full text for more than 3,600 peer-reviewed journals. Coverage spans virtually every area of academic study and offers information dating as far back as 1975. This database is updated on a daily basis via EBSCOhost.
- EBSCOhost Search Academic Search Premier (offers full text for nearly 1,850 scholarly journals, including more than 1,200 peer-reviewed titles), Business Source Premier (full text for more than 2,950 scholarly business journals), Applied Science & Technology Abstracts (contains more than 560 English-language, scientific and technical publications), Inspec, and Health Source, etc.
- Films on Demand Films On Demand is a state-of-the-art streaming video platform that makes it easier than ever to incorporate outstanding educational video content into your curriculum by providing easy integration with learning management systems, online lesson plans, distance learning courseware, or electronic card catalog systems. Most titles are available for individual lease or purchase, or through subscriptions to our robust, curriculum-focused subjects.
- InfoTrac (All databases-menu) InfoTrac Web (formerly InfoTrac Search Bank) provides access to databases of a general nature as well as databases for specialized scholarly subjects. If you choose to go to the InfoTrac from this description it will provide a menu of the various resource databases which are included in it.
- Making of America Making of America (MoA) is a digital library of primary sources in American social history from the antebellum period through reconstruction. The collection is particularly strong in the subject areas of education, psychology, American history, sociology, religion, and science and technology.
- ProQuest (All Databases) ProQuest provides access to 5300+ periodicals and newspapers. It includes indexing plus some full text or imaged articles for general topics and research topics related to the fields of business, education, psychology and science. Select ABI/INFORM (for business users) and General Science Text (for science users) from the ProQuest dropdown list for more specific searches.
- PsycARTICLES PsycARTICLES is a database of full-text articles from nearly 50 journals published by the American Psychological Association, the Educational Publishing Foundation, the Canadian Psychological Association, and Hogrefe & Huber.
- PsycInfo Covers over 1,900 leading psychological, psychiatric, and related publications with some full text articles available. Includes indexing for book chapters as well as dissertations. Overall dates of coverage: 1872 – present.
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Web of Science) A multidisciplinary index to the journal literature of the social sciences. It fully indexes over 1,950 journals across 50 social sciences disciplines. It also indexes individually selected, relevant items from over 3,300 of the world's leading scientific and technical journals.
- Web of Science (ISI Web of Knowledge) Includes highly acclaimed ISI Science Citation Index Expanded and Social Science Citation Index Expanded (1992 – present). Science Citation Index Expanded is a multidisciplinary index covering 5,900 major journals across 150 scientific disciplines. The Social Sciences Citation Index is a multidisciplinary index, which covers 1,725 journals across 50 social sciences disciplines. Both indexes include cited reference searching, which allows you to find out who has cited your published articles.
- Wiley InterScience It features over 1,000 journals, major reference works, online books, Current Protocols laboratory manuals, and databases as well as a suite of professional and management resources. It includes materials in the following subject areas: Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Engineering, Life Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics, Medicine and Healthcare, Physics and Astronomy, Polymers and Materials Science plus others. (It may be searched directly at the address above. Full text/pdf copies of articles are available through the library. Submit your request to our interlibrary loan office.)