When accessing a database, you may be required to enter a username and password before you reach the database website. Enter your BHSU email account information on this screen.
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost) The world’s largest academic multi-disciplinary database, Academic Search Premier provides full text for more than 4,700 publications, including full text for more than 3,600 peer-reviewed journals. Coverage spans virtually every area of academic study and offers information dating as far back as 1975. This database is updated on a daily basis via EBSCOhost.
- America: History & Life (EBSCOhost) An abstracting index for journals, books and dissertations for the study of history and culture of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present.
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (Web of Science) A multidisciplinary index to the journal literature of the arts and humanities. It fully covers 1,160 of the world's leading arts and humanities journals. It also indexes individually selected, relevant items from over 6,800 major science and social science journals.
- Digital Sanborn Maps Digital Sanborn Maps provides digital access to historical maps (1867-1970) of cities in South Dakota.
- EBSCOhost Search Academic Search Premier (offers full text for nearly 1,850 scholarly journals, including more than 1,200 peer-reviewed titles), Business Source Premier (full text for more than 2,950 scholarly business journals), Applied Science & Technology Abstracts (contains more than 560 English-language, scientific and technical publications), Inspec, and Health Source, etc.
- Films on Demand Films On Demand is a state-of-the-art streaming video platform that makes it easier than ever to incorporate outstanding educational video content into your curriculum by providing easy integration with learning management systems, online lesson plans, distance learning courseware, or electronic card catalog systems. Most titles are available for individual lease or purchase, or through subscriptions to our robust, curriculum-focused subjects.
- JSTOR An archive collection of core scholarly journals. Subject coverage includes journals in history, social sciences, literature, mathematics, statistics and ecology. Starting with the very first issues, all articles are image copies of original publication.
- Local Newspaper Indexes (SDSU Open Prairie) Search local newspaper indexes (Argus Leader, Deadwood Historical Newspaper, Indian Country Today, and Rapid City Journal).
- ProQuest (All Databases) ProQuest provides access to 5300+ periodicals and newspapers. It includes indexing plus some full text or imaged articles for general topics and research topics related to the fields of business, education, psychology and science. Select ABI/INFORM (for business users) and General Science Text (for science users) from the ProQuest dropdown list for more specific searches.
- SIRS Knowledge Source SIRS Knowledge Source (SKS) is a comprehensive database portal that provides relevant, credible information on social issues, science, history, government, the arts, and the humanities. Full-text articles and Internet resources are carefully selected from thousands of domestic and international publications and respected organizations with strict criteria for reliability and age-appropriateness.
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Web of Science) A multidisciplinary index to the journal literature of the social sciences. It fully indexes over 1,950 journals across 50 social sciences disciplines. It also indexes individually selected, relevant items from over 3,300 of the world's leading scientific and technical journals.
- Westlaw Campus Provides access to legal resources including laws, cases, encyclopedias, and journals/reviews for the United States and all of the separate states.